2D map is not creating while everything seems ok.

2D map is not creating while everything seems ok.

Sanbot_Mapping
Hello,
I am using Rtabmap for SLAM on a mobile robot. I am using Kinect Only method for mapping and localization and I am using a different 3D camera for my robot, to be specific I am sending depth and rgb frames in 10-15 fps with 320x240 resolution from robot to server which rtabmap is running on. The problem is when I start to mapping no map is generating but it shows point clouds in rtabmap windows which is twisted together. I dont know what the problem is.
Can  you please help me ?
Sorry for image size, It's very wide and I think you should scroll more on the sides.

Re: 2D map is not creating while everything seems ok.

The resolution and framerate are quite low for proper visual odometry. If you are on a robot, I recommend to use your wheel odometry instead. However, for the actual mapping problem, we see it tries to create an occupancy grid. The problem may be the orientation of the camera when starting. Is the camera tilted? Does Tf include optical rotation of the rgb lens?

Re: 2D map is not creating while everything seems ok.

Sanbot_Mapping
Hello, Dear matlabbe.

I have found the problem with the 2D-Grid Map which was made by using depth image in DEPTH_100_UM pixel format instead of using DEPTH_100_MM.

The current problem I am dealing with is I only when I rotate the camera, the map is expanding and it will never shape a closed loop when I rotate the camera 360 degrees. Also, it shows the camera is heading down and it goes under the floor and I don't know what the problem is for.

I am using raw frames from an unknown 3D camera device which I only have a stream of lossless compressed depth data and a compressed (h264) RGB frame which I am using directly without any registration.

Can this be the reason for the problem?
I have solved the FPS issue and it is currently 29 ~ 30.
Thank you for your help.

Re: 2D map is not creating while everything seems ok.

Sanbot_Mapping wrote
without any registration.
This is one problem at least, the depth should be registered to rgb camera. Do you have a resulting rtabmap database to share?