3d obstacle avoidance

jasonz
hi,
I want to recognize and avoid 3d obstacles. How do implement?

Thanks.

Re: 3d obstacle avoidance

Look for octomap topics published by rtabmap.

Re: 3d obstacle avoidance

jasonz
hi,
Thans for your quick reply.I only find topic /rtabmap/proj_map.Map and Global Map and Local Map  subscribed /rtabmap/proj_map.Besides,Planner also subscribed /rtabmap/global_path /rtabmap/local_path
But robot cant move.
Thanks.

Re: 3d obstacle avoidance

I don't know what is your move_base configuration. But if it is correctly receiving /rtabmap/proj_map as its static map for the global costmap and if it doesn't move when sending a /move_base_simple/goal topic to move_base, it would be a move_base configuration problem.

Re: 3d obstacle avoidance

jasonz
hi,
Thanks for your reply.I will check my move_base configuration.Besides,where are octomap topics?I cant find them in rviz. Can /rtabmap/proj_map be directly used for navigation and avoid 3d obstacles?(Above I posted pictures  configuration)
Thanks.

Re: 3d obstacle avoidance

Which rtabmap version do you have? Normally in the latest released binaries (0.11.8), you should have octomap output topics:
$ rostopic list | grep octomap
/rtabmap/octomap_binary
/rtabmap/octomap_cloud
/rtabmap/octomap_empty_space