Autonomous off road navigation

Sam_flynn
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Autonomous off road navigation

I just tried the simulator:

Here is an example how to launch rtabmap for this:
roslaunch leo_gazebo leo_marsyard.launch
roslaunch leo_viz rviz.launch
rosrun teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard.py

roslaunch rtabmap_ros rtabmap.launch \
   rgb_topic:=/zed2/left/image_rect_color \
   camera_info_topic:=/zed2/left/camera_info \
   depth_topic:=/zed2/depth/depth_registered \
   frame_id:=base_link \
   imu_topic:=/zed2/imu/data \
   wait_imu_to_init:=true \
   args:="-d"

I did a small loop, the loop closure was detected.

The rocks would be segmented in red. I didn't do any tuning for the segmentation, but most rocks seem detected. Here is the 2D occupancy grid map that could be used with move_base:

To get obstacles segmented for the local costmap, something like in this example could be done.

Re: Autonomous off road navigation

Sam_flynn
Following the given tutorials, the navigation stack works just fine. Turns out I configured the obstacle detection nodelet in a wrong way. So it was producing wrong results.

Can't thank you @Mathieu enough for the help.

cheers,
Samm