Can't export octomap file

Hugh
Hi, I'm a Rtabmap beginner.
I installed and run Rtabmap successful.
I try to export my result to octomap but the button is locked.
How should I solve this problem? TKS!

Re: Can't export octomap file

It is because the OctoMap is not created. Some of the steps below may be already ok, but I'll put them all to see everything required to build an OctoMap. To create one:

1) Activate creation of local occupancy grid maps:

2) Make sure you are creating the local occupancy grid maps from depth and they are saved in 3D:

3) Create OctoMap:

Then, the "Export octomap..." should be enabled when the octomap is shown in 3D Map view. If you don't have a good graphics card, disable "Cube rendering".

Re: Can't export octomap file

Hugh
Thank you for your help!

Re: Can't export octomap file

Mosquito
hello, I find that my UI is different with yours.My ros distribution is indigo.
My step is:
1.roslaunch rtabmap_ros demo_robot_mapping.launch
2. rosbag play --clock demo_mapping.bag

In this UI ,It hasn't RTAB-Map Settings.I have selected octomap,but it doen't work, so I can't export octomap. It looks like this picture.Hope your reply,thanks :

Re: Can't export octomap file

In the latest version, you should also check "From Depth Image" under Local Occupancy Grid panel as this demo uses 2D lidar by default for mapping.

Re: Can't export octomap file

simonjon000
Hello. I am new to rtabmap as well. I thought I would revive this thread since in the newest version changing these settings does not seem to activate the "export octomap" option. Are there any new settings that must be changed now?

Re: Can't export octomap file

I retested the options above and it does work. Local occupancy grid should be created in 3D (see Local Occupancy Grid panel) from depth image (or 3D point clouds if you have a 3D lidar). In Grid Map Assembling panel, Octomap box should be checked to construct the OctoMap, then the option in File menu should be enabled when the OctoMap is shown in 3D Map view.