Cloud Map does not contain points near ground, but contains ground itself

ibd

Cloud Map does not contain points near ground, but contains ground itself

ibd
I'm having the problem that the point cloud generated by RTABMAP has a "gap" of points between the ground and a certain height (seems to be about the same as camera height). Is there a reason for this? I wasn't able to find such a parameter (using the usual "rtabmap --params").

I have attached a screenshot to show the gap. Check the mapped persons' lower legs, they're missing their feet!

As you can see by the white points in a separate point cloud, the Kinect that is used for mapping can clearly "see" this missing part!

Thanks!

Best
ibd

Re: Cloud Map does not contain points near ground, but contains ground itself

it looks like the cloud is cut at the height of the kinect. I assume it is the output of obstacles_detection nodelet that you are showing. Make sure you set the correct frame_id. Which rtabmap version are you using?