Comparison between realsense D435 vs T265 vs T265+D435 dual setup

Re: Comparison between realsense D435 vs T265 vs T265+D435 dual setup

gian
This post was updated on .
Hi Mathieu

Thanks for all your clarifications.
Regarding last part that I called throttle improperly ,actually I don't understand how to set the frequency parameter and why :

images are rectified at 30 Hz for odometry
Images are rectified at 1Hz for 3d map

Maybe because odometry needs a higher rate than rtabmap mapping ( that indeed at default is 1Hz) ?  Is this the "strean rate" parameter in the screenshot of your first post of this thread ?
http://official-rtab-map-forum.206.s1.nabble.com/Comparison-between-realsense-D435-vs-T265-vs-T265-D435-dual-setup-tp6456.html
lThank you for all your help !
cheers
gian

Re: Comparison between realsense D435 vs T265 vs T265+D435 dual setup

Hi gian,

By default rtabmap updates at 1 Hz. When receiving raw images, it can rectify them only when it updates, so at 1 Hz.

For F2M odometry, we need to process as many images as possible, at camera frame rate. Images should be rectified, so if camera is publishing at 30 Hz or 60 Hz, we rectify images at 30 or 60 Hz.

Re: Comparison between realsense D435 vs T265 vs T265+D435 dual setup

gian
Hi Mathieu

Got it ! in case of realsense cameras, we configure "stream rate" to 30 Hz and rtabmap (after calibration) internally rectify the images to 30Hz.
Thank you for all your help !
cheers
gian

Re: Comparison between realsense D435 vs T265 vs T265+D435 dual setup

andreacec
Hello for T265 usage with Rtabmap is mandatory to have driver working (Realsense)?

I am trying with standalone version in ROS but Rtabmap cannot see any Realsense.

What can I do to solve?

Thanks

Re: Comparison between realsense D435 vs T265 vs T265+D435 dual setup

gian
This post was updated on .
Hello

yes , needs Realsense driver that fits your CPU , you can find  at Intel github.
In order to see the T265 driver active in the Rtabmap standalone graphical interface you have to rebuild Rtabmap from source , because in this way cmake detects the realsense driver.
Regards
gian

Re: Comparison between realsense D435 vs T265 vs T265+D435 dual setup

 the robot detects the obstacle only if it is more than one  meter far !!!
Did you compare with the raw point cloud? Maybe the sensor just cannot see obstacles under 1 meter...

Yeah, using a VIO solution can help when moving the camera faster (in particular for fast rotations).
123