Configuration file in ROS mode

g.bartoli
Hi Mathieu,
when using RTAB-Map standalone, the current parameters are contained in ~/.rtabmap/rtabmap.ini. I think that the library updates that file also when loading another .ini file, right?

Aside from that, following your advices I made a launch file that runs OpenNI2, wheel odometry, rtabmap_ros and rtbamap_gui, expecting that it would have loaded the same settings of the standalone version, but actually it load the default settings, and I have to manually set the same parameters present in ~/.rtabmap/rtabmap.ini. Where is the rtabmap_ros configuration file located?

Thanks!
~Guido

Re: Configuration file in ROS mode

On the standalone, when you save the current settings (through File->Save Config), they are saved in ~/.rtabmap/rtabmap.ini. By default when opening RTAB-Map, the settings from this file are loaded. So yes, if you loaded another ini file, the parameters will be saved in ~/.rtabmap/rtabmap.ini (when File->Save Config will be clicked or "ctrl-s" in the main window).

In ROS, this is a little different.
rtabmapviz: its settings are loaded from ~/.ros/rtabmapGUI.ini by default. You can change the file (like with RVIZ config) using "-d config.ini" argument.
<node pkg="rtabmap_ros" type="rtabmapviz" name="rtabmapviz" args="-d config.ini"/>
rtabmap: Parameters can be set explicitly through rosparam or a config file can be loaded. By default, no config file is loaded. See "config_path" parameter.
<node pkg="rtabmap_ros" type="rtabmap" name="rtabmap">
  <param name="config_path" type="string" value="config.ini"/>
</node>
Odometry nodes: Parameters should be set explicitly through rosparam. I'll check to add "config_path" parameter to these nodes for convenience.

Ok, thanks for the explanation!
~Guido

Re: Configuration file in ROS mode

g.bartoli
Other than those in rtabmap.ini, is there any other SLAM parameter in rtabmapGUI.ini that needs to be adjusted for tuning RTAB-Map?
~Guido

Re: Configuration file in ROS mode

For RTAB-Map algorithm, no. In ROS, there are parameters related to ROS stuff (communication or which topics are subscribed) and for maps generation (/grid_map, /proj_map and /cloud_map output topics). See here under Parameters sub-section. These ROS parameters don't influence the RTAB-Map algorithm.

cheers