Crop-row obstacle detection for navigation

Crop-row obstacle detection for navigation

chris.ferra
Hi,
is there a way to better create an obstacle point cloud from this bag by tuning some parameters? I have to recognize the crops as obstacles so as not to walk the robot through them. This is the result I get with this launcher file:

obstacleDetection.gif

Best regards,
Christian

Re: Crop-row obstacle detection for navigation

The default obstacle detection parameters may not be appropriate to segment obstacles like this. You can tune obstacles_detection nodelet to segment using a passthrought filter. As long as the ground is relatively even, that could work.

Set Grid/NormalsSegmentation to false, then adjust Grid/MaxGroundHeight to filter the ground (e.g., 10 cm). This assumes that the base frame of the robot is at ground level.