D435 depth accuracy for feature

seanxu112
Hello,

Since D435 is only accurate for 4 meters, and it seems like  whenever rtabmap detects feature, it filters out the features with no depth information (I clipped the pointcloud beyond 4 meters). How should I approach this? Should I just include whole point cloud? The 3D map just seems messy, and the depth is not that accurate.

Sincerely,
Sean Xu

Re: D435 depth accuracy for feature

The 3D map you are seeing, is it the one in rtabmapviz, or in rviz with MapCloud plugin (rtabmap/mapData topic) or PointCloud2 (rtabmap/cloud_map)?

EDIT: For MapCloud Plugin, we can change the maximum depth in options of the plugin. For rtabmap/cloud_map, see "rtabmap --params | grep Grid/" parameters (in particular Grid/RangeMax). For rtabmapviz, see Preferences->3D rendering under Map column.

Re: D435 depth accuracy for feature

seanxu112
I am referring to the map from rtabmapviz. And it is not that messy if I limit my d435 to only 4m.

Re: D435 depth accuracy for feature

See my edit above, we can set a maximum range in Preferences->3D rendering

Re: D435 depth accuracy for feature

seanxu112
I see, so should I change my d435 setting to infinite distance, for feature detection purpose, and set the preference so that it only renders up to 4m?

Re: D435 depth accuracy for feature

exactly!

Re: D435 depth accuracy for feature

seanxu112