Depth format on iOS

quizzy5889
Hi matlabbe,
I tried both RTabMap Desktop and the iOS version.

I'm just trying to understand this thing: seems to me that RTabMap desktop saves depth images on db in png format, single channel uint16.

On the other hand iOS version saves depth images on db in png format, RGBA (???).

Could you please explain how to interpret depth images for iOS?
Thanks a lot

Andrea

Re: Depth format on iOS

Hi Andrea,

This is not RGBA, but 32bits FLOAT (in meters). Well it is packaged like RGBA, but should be decoded as float. When reading the PNG, we cast RGBA pixels to single Float in meters.

With RTAB-Map desktop, rtabmap will use by default 16 bits in mm, though it depends on the camera used.