Does rtabmap support unfixed tf of multiple cameras?

Does rtabmap support unfixed tf of multiple cameras?

ztszhang
I have two cameras, one for RGBD approch, the other for visual inertial approch (VINS-Fusion enabled odometry). The TF between cameras are not fixed, i.e. the TF may change though it is always known by joints between cameras. Could I run RTABMAP in multi-camera mode using this device?

Re: Does rtabmap support unfixed tf of multiple cameras?

Yes it is possible, make sure the dynamic links between the cameras in TF is published faster than the camera frame rate. For example, if you have a TF tree like this:

               camera1_rgb_optical
              /
              camera1_link
             /
             arm1_joint3
            /
            arm1_joint2
           /
           arm1_joint1
          /
base_link
          \
           arm2_joint1
           \
            arm2_joint2
            \
             arm2_joint3
             \
              camera2_link
              \
               camera2_rgb_optical

The arm joints could move around while you do visual odomerty with both cameras. Make sure you set frame_id of rgbd_odometry to base_link. Note that I have never did this myself, but the code should support that.