Dynamic mapping with RGBD SLAM

Noctis
Hi Matthieu,

I'd like to clarify if it is possible to deal with dynamic map changes after mapping is done? For example, after I built a 2D map, i add an object in the middle of a room and I want to update the map without actually heading down to the area to remap.

Re: Dynamic mapping with RGBD SLAM

We can edit the map with rtabmap-databaseViewer, see http://official-rtab-map-forum.206.s1.nabble.com/post-processing-manually-add-obstacles-to-map-tp6985p6993.html

If you want the robot to update the map, it should be restarted in SLAM mode. You can enable Rtabmap/StartNewMapOnLoopClosure to start updating the map only after the robot has been localized with the map already in the database. I would call this mode "Append Mode".