Exploding /odometry/filtered covariance? Why?!

Exploding /odometry/filtered covariance? Why?!

asabet
I'm getting large covariances from my /odometry/filtered messages, how can I debug the source of this issue and fix it?

Re: Exploding /odometry/filtered covariance? Why?!

matlabbe
Administrator
See robot_localization documentation.

Re: Exploding /odometry/filtered covariance? Why?!

Masoumeh
hi,

I had the same issue, this is because that vehicle is off-level, and IMU reads some angular acceleration, so you need to add/ or remove pressure to the tyre of your robot.

BR