Getting RTAB-Map Running

sbdinnovation
Ubuntu 16.04
Intel UP Board
Intel Realsense R200
Distributed ROS with a Lenovo W540
*******************************
Hi, I am running RTAB-Map on my Lenovo W540 running Ubuntu 16.04. I am using distributed ROS to grab data from an Intel UP Board (that's connected to the R200), so that I can run RTAB-Map and bootup the camera on my Lenovo. I've run the commands
[roslaunch realsense_camera r200_nodelet_rgbd.launch]

[roslaunch rtabmap_ros rtabmap.launch rtabmap_args:="--delete_db_on_start" depth_topic:=/camera/depth_registered/sw_registered/image_rect_raw]

It seems that it's working correctly, but two things happen. One "screen" is black, but seem like it's supposed to display some data. And secondly, it seems like any movement will mess up the odometry and give me the red background. I feel like I'm missing something because it shouldn't have so many problems on default. Also, upon starting RTAB-Map, it keeps flashing back and forth from the warning (yellow) background to black background rapidly.

Re: Getting RTAB-Map Running

With realsense cameras, try the second approach mentioned in the tutorial. See also this post and this post.

Re: Getting RTAB-Map Running

sbdinnovation
Hi Mathieu,
      What I've been doing previously is from the tutorial link you posted. In the second link you posted, I tried running the command:

$ rosrun rtabmap_ros pointcloud_to_depthimage cloud:=/camera/depth/points camera_info:=/camera/rgb/camera_info image_raw:=/camera/depth/points/image_raw image:=/camera/depth/points/image _approx:=false _fill_holes_size:=2

But I get an error saying "[rosrun] Couldn't find executable named pointcloud_to_depthimage below /opt/ros/kinetic/share/rtabmap_ros"

I tried skipping to the command right after, but it doesn't find the R200 at all and gives me the default black screen.

Re: Getting RTAB-Map Running

Ah yeah, the second approach is using a node not yet available with the binaries. You can build rtabmap from source to get it. See instructions here: https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros#build-from-source

Re: Getting RTAB-Map Running

sbdinnovation
Thank you Mathieu! I had already build rtabmap from source, but I rebuild it and it works now.