Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Jimmy Notron
hi every one
i was wandering if i can ask some question
i can implementing rtabmap on jetson tegra k1 well
and this slam work out properly
but when i turn my xtion (sensor) without any change in position , i see that the position which slam publishing it is changed

im sniffing "/rtabmap_ros/odom" node

this error about 20cm in y direction and increase when we move more and in z direction about 1 meter and more

anyone have idea for fix it????

i think its a serious bug
way to go! ;)

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Make sure you are mapping objects/environment under ~3.5 meters. The point cloud of the Xtion over ~3.5 meters is quite noisy.

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Jimmy Notron
Hi
Based on your statement im sure that the environment is under 3.5 meter but my problem still exist

here is the data:
pose:
  pose:
    position:
      x: 0.69960039854
      y: 0.0299622807652
      z: -0.0450135618448
and i don't apply and changes in position i just rotate xtion thats it
whats your idea?
way to go! ;)

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Jimmy Notron
excuse me guys
any idea for fix it?
way to go! ;)

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Can you record and share a small rosbag file?

$ roslaunch openni2_launch openni2.launch depth_registration:=true
$ rosbag record -o xtion.bag /camera/rgb/image_rect_color /camera/depth_registered/image_raw /camera/rgb/camera_info
$ rosbag compress xtion.bag

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Jimmy Notron
tnx for replay
yes i will
way to go! ;)

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Jimmy Notron
Hi matheu
i have created a compressed bag file based on your instruction and upload in in below link

http://uploadboy.me/how4i3rzyhb9/xtion.bag.html

this link is valid till 240 hour later

tnx ;)
way to go! ;)

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Can you share it on Google Drive or Dropbox platform? The download fails everytime before the end.

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Jimmy Notron

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

$ rosbag decompress xtion.bag
$ roscore
$ rosparam set use_sim_time true
$ roslaunch rgbd_launch kinect_frames.launch
$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros rgbd_mapping.launch rtabmap_args:="--delete_db_on_start"

I don't see the problem. Yes the odometry drifts a little, but it can map everything. However, the camera is moving quite fast and loop closures cannot be detected to correct the drift. The enironment is small and there is not yet enough loop closure hypotheses to correctly estimate them. Some frames have almost no visual features too.

Re: Have Problem in Odometry " Very Important"

Jimmy Notron
thank its fixed
i forgot to calibrate my camera :)
way to go! ;)