How can I use Lidar data on remote mapping

How can I use Lidar data on remote mapping

elgarbe
Hi, I'm working with kinect v1 on an odroid xu4 computer mounted on my robot. I was testing remote mapping and it's working ok. Is it possible to improve the resulting 3d map adding a lidar to the setup? I can mount a rplidar s1.

Could I get better map result processing kinect+lidar data on odroid and just subscribe to map data on remote PC just for visualization?

Thank!

Re: How can I use Lidar data on remote mapping

Yes, adding an rplidar will improve the accuracy of the map. It would be similar to this example.

You can also subscribe to /rtabmap/mapData from remote computer either with rtabmapviz or RVIZ.