How to avoid noise in pointcloud

prashanth

The above is the point cloud which i got from rtabmap after registering several point cloud.But i am getting noise in the middle of the edges between two depth layers. I tried different filter but nothing is matching with what i expect.after few research i came to know that we can use  statistical outlier removal filter, is it already implemented in rtab map or please suggest me how to avoid this noise in between point cloud.

Re: How to avoid noise in pointcloud

If it is a point cloud exported from rtabmap UI, yes there is a radius filter that can be set (see Cloud Filtering in Export dialog):

For the map shown in 3D View, the parameters are in Preferences->3D Rendering.

On ROS with /rtabmap/cloud_map topic, we can use "Grid/NoiseFilteringRadius" and "Grid/NoiseFilteringMinNeighbors":
<node pkg="rtabmap_ros" type="rtabmap" name="rtabmap">
   [...]
   <param name="Grid/NoiseFilteringRadius" type="string" value="0.05"/>
   <param name="Grid/NoiseFilteringMinNeighbors" type="string" value="5"/>
</node>

cheers