How to calculate MemoryThr

dnozik
Hi , I am  trying to figure out how to calculate MemoryThr .
is there any estimation I can make before mapping begin?
Currently I have 150GB mcap file
MemoryThr=0

MemoryThr=300

MemoryThr=1250

MemoryThr=1500

look like only when MemoryThr > 1200 it begin look like MemoryThr=0
thanks.

Re: How to calculate MemoryThr

First, why do you want to use Rtabmap/MemoryThr over Rtabmap/TimeThr? What are the sensors used? To use these thresholds, rtabmap should subscribe to camera topic(s). To work properly, parameter `Mem/RehearsalSimilarity` should be correctly tuned depending on the visual features used, otherwise working memory (WM) will act like a FIFO. The way to tune `Mem/RehearsalSimilarity` is to look at statistic "Memory/Rehearsal_sim/", open rtabmap-databaseViewer -> Statistics view, or :
rtabmap-report Memory/Rehearsal_sim/ rtabmap.db

For this example, `Mem/RehearsalSimilarity` with a value of 0.1 could help to keep nodes in WM with higher weight almost everywhere in that experiment.

Re: How to calculate MemoryThr

dnozik
Hi , I like to limit graph optimization time. rtabmap begin mapping with 50 ms  per frame and ending with 500+ ms per frame after ~5000 frames on my machine  .
I have 3 x RGBD  cameras .
We using FAST/FREAK to make visual odometry run in real-time .
Thanks,
Dima.