How to configure Navigation with RTABMap?

How to configure Navigation with RTABMap?

yincanben
Hi, matlabbe,
     I have tested demo RTABMap on turtlebot, it is very cool. High accurate Map could be built. I sugguest whether you could accomplish the navigation demo on turtlebot? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to configure Navigation with RTABMap?

Hello,

After bringing up turtlebot with rtabmap:
$ roslaunch turtlebot_bringup minimal.launch
$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros demo_turtlebot_mapping.launch
$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros demo_turtlebot_rviz.launch

normally, you only have to "drop" a navigation goal on the map with RVIZ to see the robot moving autonomously to it. click on "2D Nav Goal" button in RVIZ to set a goal.

You should see a planned path (red line) like this to the goal set (green arrow):

The commands sent by move_base:

$ rostopic echo /mobile_base/commands/velocity