How to fix this distortion?

Chen
This post was updated on .
Hi, everybody.

I have a question. I took a 3D map of about 150m long corridor.
Then, the corridor is distorted like this image.

I don't understand why does it happen.
I have read https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap/wiki/Depth-Calibration page and I've tried it.
But in stand alone rtabmap for LINUX, I thought online Depth-Calibration is not implemented.

Please tell me why does it distort if you don't mind.
And I'd like to know how to fix this distortion.

I use Kinect v1 with wheelchair.

Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks!

Re: How to fix this distortion?

If you are navigating in 2D, you may set parameter "Optimizer/Slam2D" and "Reg/Force2D" to "true" to discard errors in z, roll and pitch.

The depth distortion calibration is only available sine 0.11.11. On Ubuntu, you may have to build it from source if the binaries are still stuck at 0.11.8.

Re: How to fix this distortion?

Chen
Hi,

Thank you so mach.