How to get a more sparse /rtabmap/octomap_occupied_space

acp

How to get a more sparse /rtabmap/octomap_occupied_space

acp
Dear people.

I have a question, I am lately using the topic  /rtabmap/octomap_occupied_space rom rtabmap_ros instead of /octomap_point_cloud_centers from the octomap_server. However, the resolution can be changed in the octomap_server according to the following:

  <node pkg="octomap_server" type="octomap_server_node" name="octomap_server">
      <(param) name="resolution" value="0.5" />
      <remap from="cloud_in" to="/zed/rtabmap/cloud_map" />
  </node>

So, when I plot the voxels in RVIZ I can see there is a separation of 0.5 between each other.

The question here how can I do something similar with  /rtabmap/octomap_occupied_space

Thank you for you attention and replay :)

Re: How to get a more sparse /rtabmap/octomap_occupied_space

Grid/CellSize is used also to set octomap maximum resolution (default 0.05).

While keeping Grid/CellSize, it is also possible to set octomap_tree_depth parameter to update an octomap at Grid/CellSize resolution, but output an octomap at lower resolution (with Grid/CellSize=0.05, an octomap_tree_depth of 16=0.05 voxels, 15=0.1 voxels, 14=0.2 voxels, 13=0.4 voxels...)

acp

Re: How to get a more sparse /rtabmap/octomap_occupied_space

acp
Thanks Mathieu for your replay.

I have installed binaries of octomap ros and the question how can I change the parameter octomap_tree_depth to 13 so I can get voxels of 0.4.

Cheers :)
acp

Re: How to get a more sparse /rtabmap/octomap_occupied_space

acp
Hi Mathieu.

I have just added the line in the file:  /opt/ros/kinetic/share/rtabmap_ros/launch$  rtabmap.launch

<(param name) ="/octomap_tree_depth" type="int" value="15"/>

And now I get voxels of the size of 0.6 and the map looks much better :)

Thank you :)