How to get the 2D map made from 2D LiDAR and the 3D map made from the RGBD camera at the same time

How to get the 2D map made from 2D LiDAR and the 3D map made from the RGBD camera at the same time

miraikaihatsu
Hi, matlabbe
I have a 2D LiDAR and a RGBD camera. Is there any way to create 2D map using 2DLiDAR and 3D map using the RGBD camera at the same time? I plan to execute navigation on an occupied grid map made by 2D LiDAR and want to display the 3D map along with it.
I have already tried setting the parameter "Grid/FromDepth". If set this parameter to true, get an octomap and a 2D map, but it is not made from LiDAR, but from an RGBD camera. If set the parameter to false, I can see the 2D map made from LiDAR, but no octomap.

Thank you.

Re: How to get the 2D map made from 2D LiDAR and the 3D map made from the RGBD camera at the same time

If you just want to display the 3D point cloud, you can use the rtabmap's MapCloud plugin in rviz to show it, and use Grid/FromDepth=false to have the 2D map created from lidar. This is similar to the robot mapping with RVIZ demo.

If you need an octomap, you may use rtabmap_util/map_assembler with regenerate_local_grids=true and Grid/FromDepth=True.

Re: How to get the 2D map made from 2D LiDAR and the 3D map made from the RGBD camera at the same time

miraikaihatsu
Hi, Really Thank you!
lidar 2D map and octomap could be displayed in Rviz at the same time. Also, I learned that depending on the configuration, 3D point clouds and 2D maps can be output simultaneously from either the rtabmap node or the map_assembler node.