How to minimally install rgbd_sync nodelet?

How to minimally install rgbd_sync nodelet?

felipeduque
I'm working with PAL Robotic's TIAGo (http://wiki.ros.org/Robots/TIAGo) and trying to perform remote mapping over wifi. I've checked that RTAB-Map works properly over cable connection but it doesn't over wifi - remote computer cannot access heavy messages (RGBD) published by the robot. So I believe the robot should be running rgbd_sync to bundle things together and reduce bandwidth usage. (Am I right? Any other suggestion for remote mapping?)

However, the robot has modest hardware configuration so I'd like to install only rgbd_sync nodelet, with minimal extra stuff. Is there any way I can do that?

Thanks in advance. Great job on the algorithm and support.

Re: How to minimally install rgbd_sync nodelet?

see this page for hints about remote mapping: http://wiki.ros.org/rtabmap_ros/Tutorials/RemoteMapping

For rgbd_sync nodelet, it can be installed from the binaries:
sudo apt install ros-melodic-rtabmap-ros