How to use RTAB-Map with ORB_SLAM3 in ROS?

How to use RTAB-Map with ORB_SLAM3 in ROS?

AwingBharal
I followed the tutorials I collected online to build the environment for RTABMAP with ORBSLAM3
but, an error occurs when the following command is printed
roslaunch rtabmap_ros euroc_datasets.launch args:="Odom/Strategy 5 OdomORBSLAM3/VocPath /home/rosadmin/rtab_ws/src/ORB_SLAM3/Vocabulary/ORBvoc.txt" MH_seq:=true raw_images_for_odom:=true
rosbag play --clock V1_01_easy.bag

OdometryORBSLAM.cpp:1163::computeTransform() RTAB-MAP is not built with ORB_SLAM support!Select another visual odometry approach.

My procedure is as follows
1. Install ORBSLAM3
git clone -b v0.4-beta https://github.com/UZ-SLAMLab/ORB_SLAM3.git
cd ORB_SLAM3/
wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/matlabbe/f5cb281304a1305b2824a6ce19792e13/raw/f8bbc796edc29b9f815cbf3c99a0c3e13e23663d/orbslam3_v4_rtabmap_fix.patch
git apply orbslam3_v4_rtabmap_fix.patch
./build.sh
2. Configure the environment
sudo gedit ~/.bashrc
export ORB_SLAM_ROOT_DIR=/home/rosadmin/rtab_ws/src/ORB_SLAM3
source ~/.bashrc
3. Install RTABMAP
cd ~/softwares/
git clone https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap.git
cd rtabmap/build/
cmake -DWITH_G2O=OFF -DWITH_ORB_SLAM=ON ..

make -j4
4. Install RTABMAP_ROS
cd ~/rtab_ws/src/
git clone https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros.git rtabmap_ros
cd ..
catkin_make -j4

My ubuntu version is 18.04, ROS-melodic
I am a novice and this problem has bothered me for a long time
how should this problem be solved,thank you

Re: How to use RTAB-Map with ORB_SLAM3 in ROS?

Make sure to uninstall any rtabmap binaries:
sudo apt remove ros-melodic-rtabmap

You can do:
$ rtabmap --version
or
$ rosrun rtabmap_ros rtabmap --version
to know which rtabmap version is used and ORB_SLAM dep is really on.

Re: How to use RTAB-Map with ORB_SLAM3 in ROS?

AwingBharal
Thank you for your help.
I tried to uninstall any rtabmap binaries and now it is working fine.