ICP with RGBD data RTABMap_ros

tango_explorer
Hi,

Please can you help with figuring out how to  get rtabmap_ros to use icp with rgbd data. I think I have to specify an option to make it generate laser scans from rgbd data. I'm just not sure what parameter to set/how to set it.

Right now, when I set

param name="Reg/Strategy"      type="int" value="1"
param name="LccIcp/Type"      type="string" value="0"

I get the following warnings.

[ERROR] [1478485294.611919079]: Odometry: Parameter "LccIcp/Type" doesn't exist anymore! You may look at this similar parameter: "Reg/Strategy"
[ WARN] [1478485294.720627332]: RGBD odometry works only with "Reg/Strategy"=0. Ignoring value 1.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: ICP with RGBD data RTABMap_ros

Take a look at test_icp_odometry.launch. Here we can test ICP-only (icp_odometry) or Visual+ICP odometry (rgbicp_odometry). They require an input /scan (laser scan) or /scan_cloud (pointcloud2) topic. We use point_cloud_xyz nodelet to create a scan cloud for convenience.

Note 1: If you try directly this demo, change the fixed frame in RVIZ to /odom as rtabmap node is not launched, only odometry.

Note 2: If odometry frame rate is too slow, you may also want to use the standard rgbd_odometry node in combination with rtabmap node in which you input the scan cloud (subscribe_scan_cloud:=true and remap /scan_cloud topic).

Re: ICP with RGBD data RTABMap_ros

tango_explorer
Hi Mathieu,
frames.pdf
test_icp_odometry2.launch

Thanks for the reply. I tried out the demo, and it seems to be working most of the time for my dataset, except that I can never view things properly in rviz because there is something wrong with the tf tree. It seems like odom is an orphan. I have attached an image and my launch file. Any clues to what might be happening?

Thanks

Re: ICP with RGBD data RTABMap_ros

I suggest to use
<arg name="rgbd"  default="true"/>
since ICP only cannot recover from being lost. What you are seeing is that odometry is lost and odom->camera_link is not published anymore.

You can also remove
<param name="/use_sim_time" value="true"/>
 as you are not using a rosbag.

Also, note sure why it works with the current launch file, but I think we should set
<arg name="depth_registration" value="true"/>
 for openni.launch to get registered depth images too.