Improving stability and general instructions for better tracking

Improving stability and general instructions for better tracking

TamirEll
Hello,
I have finished integrating a new sensor with RTAB.
I am able to start everything, and can even get tracking for a while. Unfortunately, it is lost quite quickly and generally very unstable.
I am publishing depth(registered), RGB, Camerainfo topics at 5 FPS.
After making sure my timestamps are identical, I was able to run it with approx_sync = false, but I couldn't see any improvement.
Anything I can do to improve performance?

I recorded an example sequence, maybe it can help.

thanks!
Tamir

Re: Improving stability and general instructions for better tracking

What are the specifications of the RGB camera (rolling shutter or global shutter)? It seems sensible to motion blur. Its FOV looks also small.

When this happens, it is likely that odometry will lose tracking. Move slower, avoid fast rotations. Also, your images are 960p, I would increase GFTT/MinDistance (7-10) and Vis/CorGuessWinSize (40-60).