Incorrect launch file syntax in tutorial of remote visualization

Incorrect launch file syntax in tutorial of remote visualization

nevill
Hi matlabbe,

I am recently trying to setup rtabmap remote visualization and found that something wrong in the launch file in rviz part.

In the tutorial:

<node pkg="nodelet" type="nodelet" name="points_xyzrgb" args="load rtabmap/point_cloud_xyzrgb standalone_nodelet">
<remap from="cloud"           to="voxel_cloud" />

However, if you use this in remote PC, the topic /voxel_cloud will not show anything.
Fortunately,  I found the correct part in this post:

<node pkg="nodelet" type="nodelet" name="points_xyzrgb" args="standalone rtabmap_ros/point_cloud_xyzrgb">

And with this I can see the /voxel_cloud been published in remote PC.
The tutorial may have to correct to the right format for others who want to setup remote visualization.

Re: Incorrect launch file syntax in tutorial of remote visualization

Thx to point out, I updated the documentation.

cheers