Installation seems to fail

Richard_O
This post was updated on .
Good morning,

I have a bit of a Problem, I am unable to start rtabmap. I followed the instructions on the GitHub-Page for the source installation and all I get from the rtabmap standalone binary is a segmentation fault. Mind you it compiles without any errors and the installation works as expected. Roslaunch on the rtabmap_ros produces more informative feedback: *** Error in `/home/pas/catkin_ws/devel/lib/rtabmap_ros/rtabmap': realloc(): invalid pointer: 0x00007fcd00a6b840 ***

The System is as follows:
OS:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty
Hardware:
Memory 15,6GB
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3610QE CPU @ 2.30GHz × 8
Graphics Intel® Ivybridge Mobile
OS-Type 64-bit
Disk 235,1 GB
Software:
OpenCV 2.4.11
ROS Indigo

As the problem occurs on four machines I am working on (all are the same model wit the same specifications) I can also provide a complete bash history, the output of the cmake configuration and a list of the installed software acquired with dpkg -l. Frustrating is, that rtabmap is working fine on two older laptops woking with the same OS.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Re: Installation seems to fail

Can you try these commands to see if they crash too:
$ ./rtabmap-rgbd_camera
$ ./rtabmap-rgbd_mapping

To get more debug information, you can set "ULogger::setLevel(ULogger::kDebug);" instead of "ULogger::setLevel(ULogger::kInfo);" or "ULogger::setLevel(ULogger::kWarning);" in the binaries:
-For rtabmap, see app/src/main.cpp
-For rtabmap-rgbd_camera, see tools/CameraRGBD/main.cpp
-For rtabmap-rgbd_mapping, see examples/RGBDMapping/main.cpp

Re: Installation seems to fail

Richard_O
Thank you for the pointer, I was able to resolve the issue. The problem seemed to be the installation of qt5-default, along  with qt4, which I used in my build of OpenCV 2.4.11. After the removal of qt5 and recompiling OpenCV, rtabmap and rtabmap_ros it is working!

Best wishes,
Richard