Kinect Azure in Rtab Standalone

denzle
Hi Mathieu,

I've recently been given an Azure Kinect for setup testing and whilst the outputs are a class above everything else so far, I'm having a problem whilst using it with Rtab standalone. Not long after it starts up it and begins building a map it stops with 'The camera has reached the end of the stream', is this a known problem or am i overlooking something?

Cheers
Dan

Re: Kinect Azure in Rtab Standalone

denzle
This post was updated on .
Although testing the setup as in your 'Kinect-For-Azure-L515-ICP-lighting-invariant-mapping-td7187' post there seem to be no problems and i must say the pointcloud is stunning!

Re: Kinect Azure in Rtab Standalone

Not sure why there is a difference between both approaches, unless the usage of the RGB camera is causing a problem. If you use the IR image in the first default configuration, is it okay?

Re: Kinect Azure in Rtab Standalone

denzle
Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your reply. Testing it in default config with IR does indeed allow the stream to continue although at the cost of RGB. When tested with your .ini file without IR the 'end of stream' error occurs again. It does seem as though there is a problem with RGB.

Cheer
Dan

Re: Kinect Azure in Rtab Standalone

How much time is required to see the end of stream with RGB camera? Maybe I didn't try it long enough.

Re: Kinect Azure in Rtab Standalone

denzle
This post was updated on .
This can vary but normally within 5 secs. I'll try to make a video to to show you. Although the terminal seems to continue without error so I'm a little stumped or unable to offer better information.

The only other thing I can think of being a problem is that I'm now using ubuntu 20. and ros noetic having installed the k4a 1.4 manually as per the last comment on https://github.com/microsoft/Azure-Kinect-Sensor-SDK/issues/1263

Re: Kinect Azure in Rtab Standalone

denzle
I think I've found the root of the problem just for future reference. When using the K4Aviewer i needed to reduce frame rate to 15p/s and this stopped the crashes. Applying this to Rtab settings seems to have resolved the 'end of stream' issue when mapping in RGB.

Cheers
Dan