Localization Error measurment

rafa
Hi all,

I want to measure the error between the localization in RTAB-Map from visual odometry(stereo camera) and the ground truth, my question is what can I use as ground truth ? I read some solutions like VICON motion tracking systems what else can I use?

angles output are in Quaternions is there a way to get them in R-P-Y?

Re: Localization Error measurment

To record a ground truth, you may look at how they did it in RGB-D SLAM dataset (https://www.motionanalysis.com/) and EuRoC dataset (https://www.vicon.com/). I know some people using also https://optitrack.com/.

For quaternion to euler, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_between_quaternions_and_Euler_angles

Re: Localization Error measurment

rafa
Thank you for your quick respond, appreciate it
You are awesome