Localization check

simon.xm.lee
Hi Mathieu,

    Now I already have a map, then I set rtabmap to localization mode and observe the localization result in RVIZ. How should I check whether rtabmap already localized or not? I check the rtabmap/mapData in RVIZ, as below screenshot. If rtabmap/mapData can visualize in RVIZ, does it mean the localization success?

Regards.

Re: Localization check

If you see rtabmap's graph (rtabmap_ros/MapGraph) in rviz, yes it is localized.

You can echo the transform between /map and /odom, if not identity, it is localized:
$ rosrun tf tf_echo map odom

On terminal, in the status message sent by rtabmap node you would see "(local map={Not zero}, ...)" when localized.

cheers