Localization from a starting random point using only Lidar Info

Localization from a starting random point using only Lidar Info

amiranda
Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to localize where the mobile robot is located only by using Lidar information.
I successfully created a map and saved in in a .db file. Later, using localization mode ("Mem/IncrementalMemory"="false") and setting RGBD/SavedLocalizationIgnored parameter to true I'm still not able to localize where I am if I set the robot in a different location that the latest one.

It would be great if you could help me with this issue.
Thanks in advance

Re: Localization from a starting random point using only Lidar Info

Hi, you can set a manual localization estimate using 2D Pose Estimate button in RVIZ. Set its topic to /rtabmap/initialpose (in tools properties) and rtabmap will localize where you drop it.

http://official-rtab-map-forum.206.s1.nabble.com/rtabmap-localization-error-tp7501p7535.html