Lookup would require extrapolation into the future

Lookup would require extrapolation into the future

marco
Dear all,

I have a roomba and a notebook, all with melodic and ntp syncronized.
The roomba is with a kinect and a jetson nano; I offload as much as I can to the notebook, where I run roscore and where I run rtabviz. Network is setup properly, I can move the robot with teleop and I can do certain stuff with the kinect.

Problem is with mapping.

From the roomba I run:

roslaunch rtabmap_ros rgbd_mapping.launch rtabmap_args:="--delete_db_on_start --Vis/MaxFeatures 500 --Mem/ImagePreDecimation 2 --Mem/ImagePostDecimation 2 --Kp/DetectorStrategy 6 --OdomF2M/MaxSize 1000 --Odom/ImageDecimation 2" rtabmapviz:=false

From the notebook:

rosrun rtabmap_ros rtabmapviz _subscribe_odom_info:=false _frame_id:=camera_link

The problem is that from the notebook I can't get anything visualized. Errors on the screen is:

[ WARN] [1593460217.247968450]: Could not get transform from odom to camera_link after 0.200000 seconds (for stamp=1593460217.050795)! Error="Lookup would require extrapolation into the future.  Requested time 1593460217.050794514 but the latest data is at time 1593460216.756735280, when looking up transform from frame [camera_link] to frame [odom]. canTransform returned after 0.200335 timeout was 0.2.".

I tried several things, all unsuccessfully, so I'm asking for some guidance.
What shall I do to solve this issue?

Thanks

Re: Lookup would require extrapolation into the future

If the warning happens only 1 or 2 times at the beginning, it is not the problem. With your commands, rtabmap is launched in rtabmap namespace while rtabmapviz isn't. To make all services and topics correctly connected to rtabmap node, they should be both in the same namespace. When launching rtabmapviz, try:
export ROS_NAMESPACE=rtabmap
rosrun rtabmap_ros rtabmapviz _subscribe_odom_info:=false _frame_id:=camera_link