Low light environment

alexr
Hi Mathieu,

I have an application where the robot will map the indoor environment in variable lighting conditions entering low light areas for several meters (15-20m). The robot is equipped with a 2d Hokuyo long range lidar (30m)  and xtion pro live sensor along with wheel odometry. Is it still possible for rtabmap to continue mapping in such scenarios or I will have robot lost cases. How can I implement rtabmap in such situations. Thanks

------ Alex

Re: Low light environment

Hi Alex,

If you are using visual odometry, it may get lost. If you are using wheel odometry, no problem, only visual loop closures won't be detected the next time the robot travel there. However, if you have RGBD/ProximityBySpace enabled (default true) with the lidar, proximity detections can be detected with the lidar in those low lighting conditions.