Navigation and re-use has exist mapping

zlVio
Hello everyone and dear author :
      I reference this link : http://wiki.ros.org/rtabmap_ros and  can mapping ,the data saved at .ros/rtabmap.db. I want navigation  using  the .ros/rtabmap.db ,which reference https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/tree/master/launch/azimut3,and my sensor is kinect1. fisrt,in the terminal,I input : (I)roslaunch  az3_nav_kinect-only.launch.
then,(II) roslaunch  az3_nav_client.launch . rviz display
 it can send nav goal by rviz and moved ,but it only run a moment and cann't reached  goal.  In addition, the  .ros/rtabmap.db map also can not reused as   https://youtu.be/H4-Fbd8WJW0   this video,why ?please tell me.thanks very much

Re: Navigation and re-use has exist mapping

Did you do a map before trying to do navigation? In the video, I think the robot started in localization mode with rtabmap.db containing already the map. If you do so (reusing already created rtabmap.db in localization), the robot has to detect a loop closure with the map in rtabmap.db before it can show the whole map. It seems that the robot in your picture is not yet localized against the map in the database.

EDIT
Move around to try to localize. The best to localize is making the robot look same locations (same point of view) than in the map that have a lot of visual features (e.g., it cannot localize against a white wall).

Re: Navigation and re-use has exist mapping

zlVio
Dear author:
       First,thanks your explain,I am so sorry to late reply,because  international worker’s day.I am trying  navigation and the map has built before navigation.due to,  i read az3_nav_kinect-only.launch the launch,which contain  default="--delete_db_on_start" , so,i input  : roslaunch  az3_nav_kinect-only.launch localization:=true   ,but i obtained the same result, there is also no map display in rviz.And i send the 2d-nav-goal ,my robot  run a moment and not move any more.

Re: Navigation and re-use has exist mapping

Note that you should be able to send goals while the map is created. You don't need to be in localization to do navigation.

Re: Navigation and re-use has exist mapping

zlVio
thanks ,I will try again,and i  understand what you say,"the robot has to detect a loop closure with the map in rtabmap.db before it can show the whole map" ,because i have  meet this situation