No Mapcloud in Stereo Outdoor Mapping tutorial

No Mapcloud in Stereo Outdoor Mapping tutorial

curantil
RVIz doesn't seem to display any points in the /rtabmap/mapData topic when running the Stereo Outdoor Mapping tutorial.

Messages are received at about 1Hz, but the number of Points in the status of the topic remains zero.
However, if I do a "rostopic echo /rtabmap/mapData" I seem to have data in the messages.

The Map at /rtabmap/proj_map gets generated and visualised in RViz though.

I'm running Ros Indigo on Ubuntu 14.04 and have compiled OpenCV with CUDA support and also rtabmap and rtabmap_ros.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks

Re: No Mapcloud in Stereo Outdoor Mapping tutorial

curantil
The uncompressing in MapCloudDisplay::processMapData at line 257 in MapCloudDisplay.cpp seems to return an empty image.

s.sensorData().imageCompressed().empty() is false, but after uncompressing at line 272, s.sensorData().imageRaw().empty() is still true

Could I be missing something that is needed for the decompression?

Re: No Mapcloud in Stereo Outdoor Mapping tutorial

I tried again with version from master on ubuntu 14.04:

$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros demo_stereo_outdoor.launch
$ rosbag play --clock stereo_outdoorA.bag

Make sure that you don't have ros-indigo-rtabmap and ros-indigo-rtabmap-ros installed if you build it from source. Can you try with rtabmapviz to see if it can build the clouds?
$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros demo_stereo_outdoor.launch rviz:=false rtabmapviz:=true

Output RVIZ:

Output rtabmapviz:

This post was updated on .
Ok. With the other viewer I get less info messages now, and I see that I get an error about mismatching libpng versions. I guess this will be the root of my problem. I'm recompiling OpenCV and everything else now. I'll post the result.

Re: No Mapcloud in Stereo Outdoor Mapping tutorial

curantil
Great! Now it works indeed. In RViz as well as in Rtabmapviz.

For completeness: I compiled OpenCV without png and without Qt (It wanted to compile with Qt5 instead of Qt4 which caused problems elsewhere)

Thanks!