PCL core dumped when opening database

senia
Hi,
I don't know how and why, yet when trying to compile the latest version of RtabMap, I get the following error when trying to "download all clouds(update cache)", even with old databases that I'm sure are fine.

[ INFO] (2016-03-27 20:51:37.843) PreferencesDialog.cpp:1811::writeSettings() modified RGBD/ProximityAngle = 45.0->45
Aborted (core dumped)

Thanks.

Re: PCL core dumped when opening database

This is a PCL error, probably when creating the clouds. Some NaN values are sent to a PCL function. What are your parameters under 3D Rendering panel in Preferences?

If you can set the logger level to Debug (Preferences->Logger->Level), we could see where the PCL method is called.

Re: PCL core dumped when opening database

senia
Found the error,
it happens when the database was processed with "Occupancy from 3D cloud projection on the ground. Laser scans are ignored when activated." (3D Rendering screen) On/Off and when opening the database its set as Off/On (respectively).
Pretty serious unknown crash for something small as that.
Thanks for directing me, hope you could fix it(if its not already on its way)

Re: PCL core dumped when opening database

I cannot reproduce the error. Are you using latest code from source? Which PCL version do you have?

For example, if I open the database from this tutorial with Preferences->3d Rendering->"Occupancy from 3D cloud projection on the ground."=On:

Re: PCL core dumped when opening database

senia
Hi,
The error was fixed when updating to latest version(for today) of rtabmap. Probably this commit fixed it.
Thank you.