Parameter Understanding

rahul_moorthy
I am using rtabmap for my project and was going through the parameters for better tuning. In that process I came across a doubt...just wanted to clear it out. We have Vis parameters in both Rtabmap and odom..and through the paper I came to understand that rather than recomputation...to save memory...rtabmap reuses the features generated by the odometer..so I thought to get this condition..I need to keep the rgbd odometer feature extraction the same as that of rtabmap feature extraction...but even though they were the same..I got a warning that as Kp and Vis feature parameter are not the same useodom features is disabled...so my doubt here is-
1. How are the Vis parameters of the rgbd odom related to rtabmap odom as they both are loosely coupled
2. Even though I had kept the feature stratergy of rgbdodom and rtabmap same..why did that error come?

Thank You...!!!

Re: Parameter Understanding

to not have the warning, both Kp/DetectorStrategy and Vis/FeatureType in rtabmap node sohuld be set to same value.

Note that Mem/UseOdomFeatures is ignored in rtabmap_ros if we don't feed features. There is now an example here showing how to re-use odometry features in rtabmap node: https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/blob/master/launch/tests/test_use_odom_features.launch

I added a new output on rgbd_odometry node called odom_rgbd_image. This RGBDimage can be used as input to rtabmap node with subscribe_rgbd=true and remaping rgbd_image to odom_rgbd_image.