Problem with Navigation

Mercedes
Hello, we are using Rtab with a ZED stereo camera and zed-wrapper in a Jetson TK1.
Now we have Stereo Outdoor Mapping running well and we want to run Navigation but we have problems. In
RViz local costmap show in other

Local costmap use cloud vertical points not in the same plane of proj_map generated by RTAB.

We attach a picture and launch files.

If you only run Stereo Outdoor Navigation, we move the robot and generates the correct proj_map.

Somebody know why costmap is in a plane different than proj_map?
Thank you very much,
Mercedes
rtabmap.zip

Re: Problem with Navigation

Hi Mercedes,

I think the problem is in the costmap_common_params.yaml. Instead of:
point_cloud_sensor: {sensor_frame: zed_frame, data_type: PointCloud2, topic: /zed/point_cloud/cloud , marking: true, clearing: true}
do:
point_cloud_sensor: {sensor_frame: base_footprint, data_type: PointCloud2, topic: /zed/point_cloud/cloud , marking: true, clearing: true}
i.e., use /base_footprint as sensor_frame instead of /zed_frame. That way the point cloud will be transformed in your robot frame.

Re: Problem with Navigation

Mercedes
Hello Mathieu, thanks for your reply.
If we use base_footprint the point cloud of costamap also is vertical.

If we run rviz using like fix frame "map" and show the zed_wrapper's point cloud is also vertical.

Any idea?
Thanks a lot,
Mercedes

Re: Problem with Navigation

I take a look again in your files. In local_costmap_params.yaml, global_frame should be /odom instead of /map (I just corrected this error in the stereo navigation tutorial). The other parameters seem ok.

You can show the TF tree in RVIZ by adding the TF display. It will help to actually see how the frames are linked. You can post the screenshot here too.

Re: Problem with Navigation

Mercedes
Hello Mathieu, thank's for  your help.
We made the changes you said, but the problem isn't solved.
Here are the screenshot of the frames. I hope this can be useful to see what happens.

Re: Problem with Navigation

Can you show tf tree?
$ rosrun tf view_frames

Re: Problem with Navigation

Mercedes

Re: Problem with Navigation

It is strange that zed_optical_frame is not linked to zed_frame...