Query about visual-odometry

Masoumeh

1) I have activated visual-odometry, which topic will be published by this odometry?
2) if i activate visual-odometry, should i deactivate icp-odometry?
3) i am using RGBD-camera, and just activated camera, and visual-odometry. Should i activate stereo in https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/blob/master/launch/rtabmap.launch   as well?

thanks

Re: Query about visual-odometry

with rtabmap.launch, by default it starts visual odometry node, rtabmap node and rtabmapviz node. If you just have a stereo camera and you want to do visual odometry, you may just have to set stereo:=true and remap the image topics. See this page for many stereo examples:
http://wiki.ros.org/rtabmap_ros/Tutorials/StereoHandHeldMapping

Re: Query about visual-odometry

Masoumeh
This post was updated on .
I have RGBD camera, 3d-lidar, rtk-GPS, imu and wheel odometer as well.
but as far as when the vehicle turns and wants to turn back to the first location, the point cloud is completely messed up and it does not provide a clear point cloud of the environment. I am using rtabamp in mapping mode, and tries to do SLAM directly, i mean, I do mapping of the environment manually, and then sending a goal in the mapped environment to the vehicle, for autonomous navigation.

 I have also read in this forum that if we want to have a global loop closure, we need to use visual odometry, because of this I want to use an RGB-D camera, to resolve this issue.

If i use camera, should i deactivate icp-odometry?

Kind Regards

Re: Query about visual-odometry

Masoumeh
I have RGBD camera, in this case which perameters should be activated in demp-husky.launch and rtabmap.launch files?
thanks