RGB-D Mapping using D435i (IMU)

cbalthasart
Hello,

I would like to use my Realsense D435i device (RGB + Depth + IMU) with rtabmap without ros and I would like to know how can I provide data from IMU for every RGB and Depth image (from the realsense2 driver) to mapping (SensorData ?) ?

Thanks in advance,

Christophe Balthasart

Re: RGB-D Mapping using D435i (IMU)

IMU is only used for VIO approaches (OKVIS, MSCKF or VINS), but not saved in the map. Unless VIO is used, the IMU data is ignored. To add IMU to SensorData it is with setIMU() function. For an example of usage of IMU with VIO approaches, look at the rtabmap-euroc_dataset tool.