RGBD source

Hugh
Hi,

Can I use the existing RGB images and depth images be the rtabmap source without the sensors like kinect v2?

Re: RGBD source

Yes it is possible. You can select "Images" under driver parameter:

You have to create a minimal calibration file, you can hit "Create Calibration" button. fx, fy, width and height should be set.

Re: RGBD source

tadtom
Hello,

Is there any way to do it in ros ?

I actually have 2 cameras at different height and it feels like this is the solution.

Regards,

Thomas

Re: RGBD source

Which cameras are you using? Their ros package should be able to provide required camera info and topics for rtabmap.

Re: RGBD source

tadtom
I m using a pepper robot, the robot driver gives access to both but when vizualizing in rtabmapviz i can see that the depth camera and rgb one don't overlap properly. There is a slight shift.
I think that's what make the robot frame move on it's own in rtabmapviz.

Should i open a new topic ?

Re: RGBD source

The border on right could be fine, it is easier to see if there is a registration problem when looking at boxes or put your open hand in front of the camera to see if the depth and RGB matches together over the fingers.

I would also debug with a scene having more visual features to track. Only lines are not always good.

Re: RGBD source

tadtom
So here is a screenshot with my hand in front of it. To me it doesn't look like it s doing the job correctly, plus i tried mapping with more stuff in the room but sometimes it still kind slide on the map viewer.

Re: RGBD source

We cannot see the screenshot. But in general, if the depth image is not perfectly registered to RGB image, or when moving depth image is poorly synchronized with RGB image, it is likely that large drifts will happen and odometry will be very shaky.