ROS 2.0

kolohe113
Hi! Is there any implementation or plan of Rtabmap in ROS 2.0?

Re: ROS 2.0

Eric Schleicher
This post was updated on .
is there plan for ROS 2.0?  I thought it was stillborn.

Re: ROS 2.0

rtabmap_ros package may need to be refactored (creating a rtabmap_ros2 package?): https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Migration-Guide

Currently at our lab our robots are using ros Kinetic, but as it seems that many rtabmap dependencies are already released in ROS2 (for a list: https://github.com/ros2/rosdistro/blob/ros2/ardent/distribution.yaml). However, the supported packages for launching cameras like freenect_launch or openni_launch (those on this page) don't seem to be released. Just saw there is a ros2 package for the realsense: https://github.com/intel/ros2_intel_realsense, but they use their own image images. Rtabmap relies on image_transport
(not released) and message_filters (still under development). As message_filters used used intensively in rtabmap_ros (for exact and approximate synchronization), we may wait until there is an official release.

Re: ROS 2.0

james7.lee
In ROS crystal version,  there was many updates

Can I get a new plan for porting ros2?

Re: ROS 2.0

Indeed, many issues that I stated in my previous post seem addressed in latest ROS2 release. There is no plan right now to support it (all our robots are still working on ROS Kinetic or even ROS Indigo). We should indeed look at this in the near future though.

Re: ROS 2.0

A new branch called ros2 has been added on rtabmap_ros repo, not fully tested yet, but you can give a try.

https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/tree/ros2#rtabmap_ros