ROS rtabmap performance and GPU support config

ROS rtabmap performance and GPU support config

RyanXC
Hi,

Rtabmap running on my system is not smooth as the video showing on the rtabmap website. Is there any configuration I should look into?

And the other question, is it possible to run rtabmap without Nvidia or ATI GPU support?
How to turn on/off GPU support when running rtabmap with ROS?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: ROS rtabmap performance and GPU support config

GPU is used only for visualization (rtabmap and rgbd_odometry nodes don't use GPU). In rtabmapviz, you can go in Preferences->3D Rendering and uncheck 3D map shown (or increase decimation value to reduce the number of points). In RVIZ with rtabmap_ros/MapCloud display, you can also increase decimation to reduce the number of points shown.

Re: ROS rtabmap performance and GPU support config

simon.xm.lee
Hi Mathieu,

    What you mean is that the map images combination in rtabmap use CPU instead of GPU. Am I right?

Regards.

Re: ROS rtabmap performance and GPU support config

Yes you are