RTABMAP on the Odroid U3

AlexanderTheOK
I've been hoping to use this single board computer as a relatively high performance platform for a small exploration robot.

I've gotten the RTABMAP software to work prefectly fine with my two laptops running ubuntu 14.04.2, but upon launching RTABMAP I get these errors.

[ INFO] (2015-03-18 11:13:45.159) main.cpp:46::main() Program started...
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: malformed or no PCI ID
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos

The actual program launches fine however! save for the fact that attempting to actually start the mapping process, or anything for that matter, causes the program to error out, on grounds of not being able to initialize the camera. In addition, the Freenect option under Detection > Select Source > RGB-D Camera > Kinect for XBox 360 us grayed out.

It seems that RTABMAP relies on OpenGL libraries, which the odroid does not have (only OpenGL-ES). Does RTABMAP have support for OpenGL-ES. Or does anybody know any other way around this?

Re: RTABMAP on the Odroid U3

For visualization, RTAB-Map depends on the PCLVisualizer, which depends on VTK. VTK uses OpenGL under the hood. Maybe VTK can be built with OpenGL-ES.

The Freenect option is disabled because RTAB-Map was not built with Freenect support (it is not detected by CMake). You may have "With Freenect = NO (libfreenect not found)" when executing CMake.

I don't know if it is possible to install ROS on the Odroid board, but you may have access to RTAB-Map ROS, which has a mapping node detached from the visualization stuff. Also, you would have access to some nice tools from ROS if you plan to make rtabmap running on a robot.

Otherwise, you may take a look at the C++ RGB-D Mapping example, without using CloudViewer and Qt stuff.

Cheers