RTABMap not updating map correctly. Suddenly misses values.

RTABMap not updating map correctly. Suddenly misses values.

marpeja
I am trying to do a mapping using rtabmap. However, at some random points, it stops from updating the map as it should, leaving some empty regions:

I have tried changing the values of different parameters, such as increasing the detection rate or setting map_always_update to true. But the situation hasn't improved.

Does anyones has a clue on what can I do?

Pd: I am running my simulations in Virtual Machine so I don't know if everything works fine and it is a problem of the resources of the Virtual Machine.

Re: RTABMap not updating map correctly. Suddenly misses values.

It is difficult to see without the graph, but it seems the processing time of rtabmap may be higher than the Rtabmap/DetectionRate at some point, thus not adding as many nodes. Sharing the database could help to see timing statistics and see which part can be optimized.

For a quick check about the processing time, one can do:
rtabmap-report Timing/Total/ms rtabmap.db