Raspberry Pi 5 stereo imaging

SamP20
This post was updated on .
Firstly I want to say thanks for creating this impressive piece of software. I initially became interested after finding an old XBox 360 Kinect at my local Hackspace. Long story short I've recently bought a Raspberry Pi 5 to see if I can use RTAB-Map with its dual camera support. I'm wondering whether anyone else has looked into this yet?

I don't have the hardware yet, but from reading documentation one of the issues is going to be synchronising the two cameras. Supposedly you can use one camera to provide a sync signal for the other, however it seems you have to discard the first frame of the primary camera. If this is correct then what would be the best way to handle this is RTAB-Map?

If nobody else has experimented with this yet then I'll try and keep you updated on my progress

Sam

Re: Raspberry Pi 5 stereo imaging

what kind of camera are you using? By dual camera, do you mean two stereo or RGB-D cameras, or two monocular camera which which you want to do a stereo camera?

Supposedly you can use one camera to provide a sync signal for the other, however it seems you have to discard the first frame of the primary camera.
well, you may have to search for help from people using that kind of camera.