Real-time Obstacle Avoidance with RTAB-Map Standalone

Real-time Obstacle Avoidance with RTAB-Map Standalone

sijinz128
Hi, I'm trying to use RTAB-Map standalone on a Jetson for real-time obstacle detection in front of a robotics leg. Is there a way that I can export the real-time map(preferably 3D point cloud or mesh) in front of the leg so the control program can handle the rest? Thanks!

Re: Real-time Obstacle Avoidance with RTAB-Map Standalone

For fast local obstacle detection, I would not depend on SLAM map. I would suggest to look in local costmap (with VoxelGrid plugin) or grid_map package.

From rtabmap node, you can subscribe to /rtabmap/cloud_map for a PointCloud2 topic, or /rtabmap/elevation_map (created with grid_map package) for a 2.5D mesh (rtabmap should be built with grid_map_core support, which is normally the case for the binaries).