RealSense D435i and RTABMap 0.20.0

jeroen
Hi,

Im  very new to all of this, but find it very interesting.
Just got an RealSense D435i, and tried it out with version 0.20.2 of RTABMap for Windows.
just installed the .exe

When i set up RealSense2 and hit "test" in source settings, the application shuts down.
Tried setting refresh to 30Hz and loading visual presets.
When i select different drivers i got the message "camera initialisation failed". But with realsense2, it just shuts down.

Tried with version 0.18.0 and this one works fine.
Can even load databse in the new version but when i want to record, it crashes to desktop.

Having great fun in version 18. but was hoping to reduce noise with the visual preset.
In the "intel realsense viewer" some preset showed me great result.
when exporting geometrie in version 18 i find there is too much background depth noise.
I will research more into this but for now i was wondering why version 0.20.0 wouldnt work for me.

Re: RealSense D435i and RTABMap 0.20.0

I added a new release with the problem fixed for D435i, see https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap/releases/tag/0.20.3

Thx for reporting,

Re: RealSense D435i and RTABMap 0.20.0

jeroen
Mathieu,

Works great now!
Those extra options help with my results already!
Thanks for this unbelieveble fast fix!
It was related to this? Gonna trie to understand this! :)

keep healthy!
Jeroen

Re: RealSense D435i and RTABMap 0.20.0

The D435i has multiple profiles for accelerometer and gyroscope streams. It seems that previous driver version didn't care if we asked to start all streams. The new driver just crashes. I forced to select only one profile for accelerometer (250 Hz) and gyroscope (200 Hz).
D435i motion profiles:
MOTION_XYZ32F 0 0 200 (gyro)
MOTION_XYZ32F 0 0 400 (gyro)
MOTION_XYZ32F 0 0 63 6 (accel)