Red Background - Odometry

André
Hi guys,

I installed the standalone version for ubuntu, but when I try to run the program the background of the cloud becomes red and no update of the cloud is made. I think it is something to do with robot odometry, but I don't know for certain, while I am using without any robot.

To run successfuly I have to stand and hold the kinect a few meters away from the wall and map the environment slowly. The room I am in is 6x4 square meters.

How can I the RTAB for small rooms mapping? Thanks a lot,

Best regards.

Re: Red Background - Odometry

See Lost Odometry (RED screens!) section on the Kinect mapping wiki page for help.

At the cost of reducing Odometry precision, you can modify these parameters (the "RANSAC: Maximum distance..." can be increased to "0.1 m" for example):

Re: Red Background - Odometry

André
Hi, matlabbe

That helped a lot, thanks so much =)